Networks and networking devices are becoming increasingly complex. Enterprise expansion, data center convergence, and new service deployments link diversified networking technologies and devices that must operate together seamlessly. Remote locations and expanded connections multiply the use of layer 2 and layer 3 virtual private networks (L2VPN and L3VPNs) to both protect sensitive information and provide transparent (virtual) network security.
As networks converge into a single network carrying voice, video, data, and wireless traffic, it is critical that leading-edge test systems be used to assess functionality, scale, and performance. The increase in complexity necessitates additional capabilities, flexibility, and power in the test equipment designed to assess network and network device performance. Such sophisticated test systems must be flexible, highly scalable, easy to use, and fully support multiple routing and bridging protocol emulations. In addition, test systems must generate line-rate traffic and analyze millions of traffic flows with comprehensive QoS analysis.
With Ixia, you can validate the performance of your network and answer some critical questions, such as :
- Is my device equipped to deal with the growing demands on network capacity?
- How does my network perform in conditions of "real-world" traffic?
- How long does it take my device and network to recover from failures?
- Will the configured service attributes enable me to provide my customers with maintainable service level agreements?
- Is my layer 3 VPN "outsourcing" the correct routing information to my service provider?
As a leader in performance analysis solutions, Ixia's IxNetwork™ - powered by ViperCore technology - meets these requirements. It is specifically targeted for performance and functionality testing of high-speed, high capacity routers, switches, and application servers.